Santa Barbara Festival Ballet Guild
The SBFB Guild is a group of Company member parents (or Company members who are over 18 years of age) who champion projects to support dancers in the company. They work together with the community to enhance the training and performing opportunities of the company. Some examples include:
- TBA (The Ballet Alliance) participation
- Hosting Master Teachers at SBFB to give Company instruction
- Maintaining the performance costume wardrobe
The Guild meets its goals by fundraising, beginning by each year raising money so that eligible dance may attend the RDA Festival. Once this goal is met, the guild will choose other opportunities for the company to support as needed. All parents of members of the dance company (or dancers themselves if over 18 years of age) will be required to be a member of the Guild. Any parent of a dancer not yet in the company is invited to join as well as any community member interested in supporting the Santa Barbara Festival Ballet. Involvement will include:
- Approximately two informational/planning meetings per year
- Required fundraising. Members may choose to donate funds in lieu of their time in fundraising efforts.
- We invite you to join us in this exciting new effort to make SBFB the best place to dance!